Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur Office of Research and Development
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur Office of Research and Development Applications are invited from the citizen of India for filling up the following temporary
position in the sponsored project at this Institute. The position is purely temporary, initially for a
period of 2.5 Months, and extendable but co-terminus with the duration of the project, on contractual
basis with consolidated pay. The requisite qualification, experience and others details are given
1. Project No. S/DBT/SPU/20190055
2. Project Title GenomeIndia: Cataloguing the genetic variation of Indians.
3. Name of the Project Investigator Dr. Sushmita Paul
4. Duration of Initial Appointment 2.5 Months
5. Name of Initial Appointment Data Analyst
6. Post 02
7. Consolidate Pay Rs.31,000/-
8. Age Below 32 Years
9. Minimum Qualification and
B. Tech CS/IT/Bioinformatics, M.Sc./M. Tech in
1) Python, C, C++, and Shell
2) Familiarity with the UNIX environment
3) Fundamental understand standing of molecular biology
10 Brief description of Project Sequencing 10000 Indian individuals and identifying
11. Job Description Secondary data analysis using genetic variants obtained
from the project
The candidates possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply through
ONLINE process up to 09 May 2020. After the submission of the online application, applicant are
required to take the printout of the application and send the application along with all self-attested
relevant supporting documents by post to the Institute at the address given below:
Office of Research & Development,
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur,
NH-65, Nagaur Road,
Jodhpur – 342037, Rajasthan
The envelope should be super scribed with “Advertisement No……………. and Application
for the Post of ……………..”
The application must reach the Institute on or before to 16 May 2020. Application received
after the due date shall not be considered.
General Instructions to Applicant(s)
1. The post(s) is purely temporary and contractual for a period of 2.5 Months, and extension based on
satisfactory performance, but co-terminus with the duration of the project
2. Application which is incomplete, not in prescribed format, without photograph or unsigned will be
3. Certificate in support of experience should be in proper format i.e. it should be on the organizations
letter head, bear the date of issue, specific period of work, name and designation of the issuing
authority along with his signature.
4. The Institute reserves the right to: (a) conduct written/trade tests for such posts wherever if the
circumstances so warrant (b) not filling any of the advertised positions (c) fill consequential vacancies
arising at the time of interview from available candidates. The number of positions is thus open to
5. The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at the time of
appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by
the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents/background and has
suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated.
6. No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for attending the interview.
7. No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding interview and reasons for not being
called for interview.
8. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
9. No interim correspondence will be entertained.
10. Postal delay will not be entertained.